Coupe vs. Sedan: What’s the Difference?
When looking at the differences between a coupe vs. sedan, most drivers assume it is the number of doors. While it’s true coupes do tend to have two doors and sedans four, this isn’t the only distinction. Explore all the factors that make coupes and sedans unique with Muller Honda Pre-Owned.
Difference Between Coupe and Sedan
There are a few key areas in which these two vehicle styles diverge:
- Door Count: Generally speaking, most coupes come with two doors and most sedans come with four.
- Exterior Style: Besides the door counts, there are other style cues that signify a sedan vs. coupe. A coupe tends towards a sportier appearance with its shorter stature, longer doors, and longer rear windows. Sedans, on the other hand, tend to feature a more balanced profile thanks to shorter doors.
- Performance: Thanks to its decreased weight and size, the coupe lends itself to a sportier performance. The heavier sedan often compensates for its larger weight and size with additional engine options and suspension upgrades.
- Interior Size: With their longer bodies, sedans typically offer more space for rear passengers, seating for five, ample head and leg room compared to a coupe. The space available for rear passengers is typically smaller for a coupe and can usually only seat two.
- Cargo Space: Due to their longer body design sedans offer more cargo space than coupes.
Sedan vs. Coupe: Which is for Me?
If you have a larger family, more frequent passengers, or need additional cargo space, then a sedan like the Honda Accord could be the best fit. If you prefer a sportier handling and space isn’t as much of a concern, then a Honda Civic coupe may be the vehicle for you.
See the Coupe vs. Sedan Difference at Muller Honda Pre-Owned
Now that you know more about the difference between these two popular vehicle styles, explore them both in person at Muller Honda Pre-Owned. Browse our available used models and certified pre-owned, and learn about the benefits of buying used at our Highland Park dealership. Then make the drive over from Gurnee for a test drive today!
More from Muller Honda Pre-Owned
We’ve all heard that there are benefits of buying used, but how much do you really know about the pre-owned car market? We’re here to answer the question “Why Buy Used?”. From minimizing depreciation to saving on recurring fees, there’s a reason that so many Gurnee drivers choose to buy used over a brand new…
When it comes to used car shopping you have two options: certified pre-owned or used. Have you ever wondered if there’s a difference between the two? There is! We’re taking a look at CPO vs. used to help you decide which type of pre-owned vehicle is best your driving needs and budget around Chicago. Used…
If you are looking at purchasing a used car, then mileage is an important consideration. While it used to be believed that vehicles over 100,000 miles were not worth purchasing, that is no longer the case. Vehicles are made to last longer now and, depending on their maintenance and repair, the vehicle could still be many…