What Is Good Mileage On A Used Car?
If you are looking at purchasing a used car, then mileage is an important consideration. While it used to be believed that vehicles over 100,000 miles were not worth purchasing, that is no longer the case. Vehicles are made to last longer now and, depending on their maintenance and repair, the vehicle could still be many miles left in it. Find out how condition, location, and usage influence your used car buying decision at Muller Honda Pre-Owned near Arlington Heights.
Find Out Good Mileage for a Used Car
In addition to mileage, you will want to consider these other factors when looking at a used vehicle:
- Use – Not all driving miles are created equal. 75,000 miles of stop and go traffic wears a vehicle more quickly than 75,000 miles on the highway. See what you can find out about the owner’s driving history before making a purchase.
- Location – If a vehicle is from a dry, warm climate, then it has been under less stress than a car that’s coming from a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Have your vehicle looked over by a certified mechanic for any signs of mechanical issues or upcoming repairs.
- Maintenance – Regular maintenance is key to the health of a vehicle. If the vehicle has a spotty maintenance history, that could be a sign of problems to come.
Before settling on a vehicle you’ll want to consider a range of factors beyond just mileage.
Mileage vs. Age
At first glance, it may seem like a low mileage car is a better buy than a higher mileage vehicle, but that isn’t always the case. There are other factors that need to be taken into account:
- If a car hasn’t been driven regularly it can start to develop drivetrain issues or cracking in rubber seals, which can result in a high repair cost.
- Cars with well-documented maintenance history should be given preference over those with little to no maintenance information.
- Cars with low mileage sometimes have a premium associated with them.
Looking for the best of both worlds on mileage and age? A Certified Pre-Owned model may be your best option.
Find Used Cars in Highland Park Today
When you’re shopping for a used car, mileage is only one quality our of many to consider. If you have any questions, or need help finding a quality used vehicle, don’t hesitate to contact Muller Honda Pre-Owned.
More from Muller Honda Pre-Owned
From Arlington Heights to Gurnee, every driver has heard about that legendary Honda quality. From the rock-solid CR-V to the ultra-popular Civic, the Honda lineup is packed with phenomenal options that are built to go the extra mile. But what exactly makes Honda stand out from the other reputable brands on the road today? Let’s examine…
You know the top things to do in Schaumburg and the best sites to see in Chicago, but what are the most fun things to do in Gurnee? If you’ve never been to this charming Illinois suburb, you’re in for a real treat! This town is home to plenty of exciting attractions, and if you’re…
Are you interested in lowering your monthly car payments and saving on interest? Then refinancing your car loan may be your best bet. We know that applying for financing can be stressful. At Muller Honda Pre-Owned we cover the ins and outs of refinancing so you’re armed with all the information you need. Read on to learn…